7 days tour
- Pick-up at your Hotel in Lima
- Ticlio Pass – appox. 4.818 metres above sea-level. Here we stop for breakfast and watch the breathtaking sunrise over the mountains.
- Lunch in Oxapampa
- Arrival in Pozuzo. Dinner at the Hostal Tirol
- Breakfast at the Hostal Tirol
- Hiking in the vicinity of Pozuzo, visiting local farmers, then a visit to an “Una de Gato” plantation
- We take the Mini-bus to the near-by village of Santa Rosa which takes us past some typical wooden Tyrolese houses
- A short walk to the home of the Müller family in Santa Rosa where we will eat a simple meal and try home-made cigars of own rolling.
- Visit to the Toropampa site, from where we take a short excursion on horseback. Optional: possibility of a swim in the crystal clear water of the natural river basins with their wonderful sandbanks.
- Return to the Hostal Tirol.
- Typical dinner in Prussia
- Bus transfer to the National Park Yanachaga-Chemillen to see the Cock of the Rock (Gallina de la Roca)
- Breakfast-Picnic in the Park
- Walk in the Park. Guided tour to see the Fauna and Flora.
- Picnic in the Park (Lunch)
- Rafting Tour on the Rio Huancabamba
- Traditional dinner at the Hostal Tirol: Pachamanca, (meat cooked on hot stones in a hole in the ground)
- Breakfast at the Hostal Tirol.
- We then take a short adventurous trip to Malpaso where we visit the rivers Pozuzo and Huancabamba, the suspension bridge Yanhuanca and the first church of the Pozuzo district. Next we enter a cave where bats can be watched in their natural surroundings
- Gold panning at the Rio Santa Cruz
- Arrival at the village of Malpaso to enjoy a hearty lunch.
- Hiking (45 minutes) to the Paccha waterfall where a break for photo shooting will be taken, and those who feel hot can cool off in the waterfall.
- Return to the Hostal Tirol
- Campfire and dinner beneath a wide starlit sky.
- Breakfast at the Hostal Tirol
- Bus ride to the end of the street…
- We reach the end of the street, where the jungle begins and continue on foot/mules.
- Lunch break
- Hiking trip. At the request of the group a stop for hunting or fishing in the crystal clear water can be made.
- Arrival at the Hostal Chamorro
- Breakfast at the Hostal Chamorro
- Hiking trip to Monte Real. Bird and animal watching
- Lunch at the Eslabon de la Huanca
- Walking trip to the suspension bridge and the salt mountains at the Rio Pozuzo
- We reach the highlight of our hike: The Rio Paco
- Pick-up and return to the Hostal by bus. Visit to the little village Codo de Pozuzo.
- Dinner at the Hostal
- Breakfast at the Hostal Chamorro
- Transfer to the harbour
- We board the boat to Palcazu. Life jackets will be distributed among the passengers.
- Arrival at Palcazu harbour
- Traditional lunch
- Bus transport to Pucallpa
- Arrival at Pucallpa
- Low season March 26th – July1st and August 17th – December 12th
from 700 USD per person, Children up to 14 years: from 450 USD each
- Main season July 2nd – August 16th
from 750 USD per person, Children up to 14 years: from 500 USD each
Discount for early booking
If our tours are booked and paid 3 month in advance a 15% discount of the listed tour cost is applicable.. This advantage is valid as well for bookings in the main season, and includes all combinations with additional modules.
Our 7 Day tour includes the following services:
- Pick up at your hotel in Lima
- Transport by mini-bus or equivalent vehicles to Pozuzo
- Overnight stay at the Hostal Tirol, fresh bed linen,
- Overnight stay at simple Hostals on the way to Pucallpa
- Lunch (packed lunch or Picnic if necessary)
- Dinner incl. non-alcoholic beverages
- Transport by mini-bus or equivalent vehicles on site
- Local guide on trek for all tours as noted
- Entry fees where necessary
- The Costs for activities like rafting, riding, etc.
- Transport of luggage (25 kg each) on mules
- Cost for the boat trip to Pucallpa
- The Tour starts in Lima and ends in Pucallpa. There, an individual trip extension is possible or continuation of your travel by plane (not included in the tour price)
- Upon agreement with the group this tour can be extended by adding individual modules. Please ask if you have special wishes.
Don’t overdo it. Normally you don’t need any special equipment. Yet the following Checklist will give you an idea of the items you are advised to take for the 7 Day tour:
- Portable luggage (rucksack)
- Day pack
- Good (hiking) shoes
- Photocopy of passport
- Warm clothes for night trips
- Rain gear
- Cap and sun-glasses, sun lotion
- Insect repellent (our recommendation: NoBite)
- Mosquito net (only if you are very sensitive)
- Small first-aid kit with medicine against diarrhoea
- Water bottle
- Binoculars for wildlife-watching (8x-10x)
- Camera with sensitive film (ASA 200/400) and telephoto lens
- Pocket knife
- Bag for dirty laundry or for luggage protection
- Swim-suit if you want to bathe
This tour does not lay special claims on the physical ability of the participants, but nevertheless you should be in good health, as the tour includes 2 days of hiking. It is possible to do this tour with children of school age. If necessary we will take another mule with us. Yet it is the traveller’s responsibility to assess the physical ability of their children The group might be combined of people with very different walking abilities. If in any doubt talk to us so that we can arrange for an appropriate group.
Please enquire at your local health centre or doctor regarding vaccinations. Pozuzo is not a Malaria region. If you do not travel further to Pucallpa Malaria Prophylaxis should not be necessary. But you need an injection against yellow fever. And Hepatitis- and Tetanus shots are necessary for all of Peru.
Empathy, tolerance and a good measure of flexibility are things you should bring with you on your trip to Peru. Please don’t expect European standards, and be prepared to be open minded when visiting this country. When on an adventure tour not everything can be planned in advance down to the smallest detail; now and then some changes might occur in the course of the tour or it might be necessary to alter our timetable. Nevertheless you can depend on a thorough preparation of our itinerary which will ensure a smooth running of events during your stay.
Participants: minimum 4, maximum 8 persons per group.
We request an early signing up, at least 4 weeks prior to departure.
Discounts are available for early bookings (look at”Prices”)
Cancellations and refunds:
If you must cancel your tour, reservation deposits will be returned as listed below (Cancellations must be in writing):
- 30 days prior to departure – 100% minus bank charges
- 4-29 days prior to departure – minimum fee $ 100,00 – otherwise 25% of Tour Cost will be returned
- 3 days or less prior to departure – no refund
If you can provide proof for a just reason for a last minute cancellation (e.g. illness), we will try in agreement with the local operators to refund part of the listed tour cost. We strongly advise the purchase of a short-term travel insurance
Tirol Tours reserves the right to cancel any tour due to insufficient sign-up (lack of numbers) and acts of God (storm, etc.). In that case we reserve the right to substitute tours and itinerary. However should this not be possible all reservation fees will be returned, minus service already taken and bank charges. Tirol Tours is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by travellers preparing for the trip, i.e. air tickets equipment medical expenses, etc.
Participation on our tour take place at one’s own risk. We do not assume any responsibility for physical, material or any other damage.